Raw Muesli Bars
A brand new recipe – perfect for lunch boxes and snacks. If travelling, remember to place a cooler brick in the lunch box to help keep it firm. We occasionally add some peppermint carob buttons to make it quite a treat.
Makes 12 muesli bars
- Dairy Free
- Wheat Free
- 1 cup dates, soaked
- 1/2 cup seeds e.g. sunflower, sesame, pepitas
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1 1/2 cups oats
- 1/2 cup flaxseed meal
- 2 tspn cinnamon
- 2 tbspn raw honey
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbspn nut butter e.g. almond butter
- 1 tspn vanilla essence
- Soak the dates for 5 mins in hot water, then roughly chop.
- Place chopped dates in the blender along with other dry ingredients. Pulse until ingredients are coarsely ground.
- In a separate bowl, mix wet ingredients together. Pour in the dry ingredients and combine well.
- Press into a lined slice tray. Score with a sharp knife into muesli bar sizes, about 1″ x 3″.
- Store in the freezer. To eat, simply snap off.