These seed crackers are a perfect snack when on the Maintenance Phase of the HCG diet. Actually, they are totally yummy anytime!
Top with avocado, pesto, or sundried tomatoes and feta.
- Dairy Free
- Gluten Free
- Wheat Free
- 1 cup almond meal
- 2 tbspn sesame seeds
- 2 tbspn flaxseed meal
- ¼ tspn Himalayan salt
- 2 tspn dried herbs e.g. oregano, cumin, sumac and coriander seeds
- 1 egg
- 1 tbspn olive oil
- ½ tspn sesame oil
- Olive oil, extra
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, grated*
* Omit if dairy free
Recipe from “It’s All Good: Your no-stress guide to mega health!”
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Combine dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together egg, olive oil and sesame oil. Pour into dry ingredients and mix thoroughly until a stiff dough is formed.
- Place dough between 2 sheets of baking paper and roll to an even thickness of about ½cm.
- Carefully transfer paper and dough onto a baking tray. Remove top layer of baking paper.
- Score the flattened dough into small squares or fingers. Brush with extra olive oil. Sprinkle with extra Himalayan salt. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for around 12 minutes or until golden. Cool on a wire rack, then snap and store.